Orange Glazed Turkey Breast Recipe
This is a spin on the traditional roasted turkey breast that is served in The USA. Back home in Jamaica, we like to put our own twist on any recipe that we can find. The Jerk seasoning with the orange glaze mixes together to form the perfect balance between sweet and spicy. This USA-Jamaican fusion will definitely have your family and guests wanting more.
Although Thanksgiving isn’t officially celebrated in Jamaica, it is not uncommon for Jamaicans to celebrate the holiday in the USA, and in Canada. Jamaicans have incorporated their traditional recipes into the whole Thanksgiving tradition. That is because so much of the day is centered around food, and if there is food involved, you better believe Jamaicans are interested. So much of our culture is centered around food, anything that has to do with food and recipes, we are drawn to it like a moth to a flame.
Orange Glaze Turkey Breast-Jerk style
- 1 8-10 lb Smoked Turkey Breast with rib bone Honey Suckle White
- 2 tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 stick Butter Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Chicken Stock Low sodium
- 3 stalks Green Onions Scallions
- 1 15 oz bottle Orange glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Orange Juice Freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Ginger Grated
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Place Turkey Breast (cavity down) in roasting pan.
- Melt butter with garlic powder, add to 1/2 cup chicken stock and mix well
- Inject all over turkey breast with a meat injector, the butter, chicken stock, and garlic mixture.
- Mix teriyaki sauce with Jerk sauce and rub the entire turkey breast with the mixture.
- Pour the remainder 1/12 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Cover the roasting pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 45 -50 mins.
- Keep basting the turkey breast with the chicken stock until tender. (Do Not Overcook.)
- Remove turkey breast from oven to rest while u prepare the glaze.
- In a saucepan simmer on low heat orange juice and grated ginger reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Remove from heat. Strain and remove any pieces of ginger.
- Add orange glaze, Grand Marnier and orange juice with ginger and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over turkey breast and generously glaze turkey breast.
- Return turkey breast uncovered to oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Use drippings from turkey breast and add to your favorite turkey gravy.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.