Jamaican Pepper Shrimp Recipe
This spicy, delightful shrimp recipe is served from the beaches to the finest restaurants in Jamaica). This is a must try recipe if you enjoy your shrimp with a little kick to it. I will forewarn you, these shrimps can be very addictive. Bet you cant just eat one.
Follow this easy step by step recipe, and you will be amazed at the results. You will make this a staple of your appetizer menu.
Jamaican Peppered Shrimps
- 2 Lbs Large Shrimp De-veined with shell on
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 2 Stalks Scallions Chopped
- 1 Tsp Annatto seeds
- 1 Tsp Pickling spice
- 6 Whole Allspice seeds crushed
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican White Rum
- In a bowl combine shrimp with salt, Jerk sauce, and scallions. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large heavy skillet over low heat, place coconut oil, and annatto seeds, in skillet, oil will turn a bright orange.
- Remove seeds from oil and turn the stove on high, add pimento seeds and pickling spice.
- Place seasoned shrimp in hot skillet and stir swiftly until shrimp is incorporated with seasoned oil (approximately 5-6 minutes). Do not overcook. Turn heat off.
- Splash with vinegar and white rum.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, let cool....peel, eat and enjoy!!!!