Papaya Salad With Shrimp Recipe
If you are looking for a quick Papaya salad with shrimp recipe, this is just for you. In Jamaica, we use a lot of the native fruits in our recipes. They are used in salads and main courses alike. This salad can be served as an appetizer, or as a main course for lunch. Papaya makes for an excellent ingredient in salads because the flavor compliments so many other ingredients.
Papaya Salad With Shrimp
- 1/1 lb Shrimp Raw, and Deveined EZ peel
- 1/4 cup Apricot Brandy
- 1 Small Papaya Ripe (peeled and cubed)
- 1/4 cup Meyers Dark Rum
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Annatto
- 1 tbsp Grace Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 2 stalks Green Onions Chopped
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Marinate cubed papaya in apricot brandy and Meyers rum and refrigerate.
- Season shrimp with jerk sauce garlic salt green onions and bay leaves.
- In a Dutch oven or heavy frying pan add coconut oil to medium heat until hot. Add annatto to Hot oil. Turn heat up on high.
- Add shrimp with all seasoning and stir-fry until shrimp is a pale pink do not overcook. Turn heat off and add vinegar and stir well for approx 5 mins. Let cool.