Jamaican Pepper Shrimp Recipe
This spicy, delightful shrimp recipe is served from the beaches to the finest restaurants in Jamaica). This is a must try recipe if you enjoy your shrimp with a little kick to it. I will forewarn you, these shrimps can be very addictive. Bet you cant just eat one.
Follow this easy step by step recipe, and you will be amazed at the results. You will make this a staple of your appetizer menu.
Jamaican Peppered Shrimps
You will absolutely love this amazing Jamaican peppered shrimp recipe. You can make it as spicy as you wish, or if you want a little less heat, you can adjust the spices to suit your taste buds.
- 2 Lbs Large Shrimp De-veined with shell on
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Jerk seasoning
- 2 Stalks Scallions Chopped
- 1 Tsp Annatto seeds
- 1 Tsp Pickling spice
- 6 Whole Allspice seeds crushed
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican White Rum
- In a bowl combine shrimp with salt, Jerk sauce, and scallions. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large heavy skillet over low heat, place coconut oil, and annatto seeds, in skillet, oil will turn a bright orange.
- Remove seeds from oil and turn the stove on high, add pimento seeds and pickling spice.
- Place seasoned shrimp in hot skillet and stir swiftly until shrimp is incorporated with seasoned oil (approximately 5-6 minutes). Do not overcook. Turn heat off.
- Splash with vinegar and white rum.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, let cool....peel, eat and enjoy!!!!
This makes for a delicious appetizer before the main course at a dinner party, or it can be used for a super bowl party or any informal gathering where finger food is served. Your guests will be coming back for more. Watch this useful video by caribbeanpot.com, that shows you how to make Jamaican Pepper Shrimps.
Serving: 01Sodium: 2860mgCalcium: 288mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 997IUSugar: 1gFiber: 2gPotassium: 233mgCholesterol: 457mgCalories: 259kcalSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 9gProtein: 38gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
OMG. This receipt is a keeper. Can’t wait to share with my friends and family this coming Holiday season.
Hi Denise, thanks for stopping by and checking out my recipe. Please let me know how it turns out.